- Full time
- Paid time Off
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Prepare complete project scope estimates based on proposal documentation with detailed pricing and bid qualifications from concept to completion.
- Evaluates bidding risks and strategies and analyzes alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness.
- Review, interpret, and analyze project documentation: drawings, specifications, data, geotechnical reports, addendums, RFI’s, etc.
- Attends pre-bid meetings and/or performs pre-bid job site visits.
- Prepare and/or review ‘stake-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
- Analyzes competition and communicate with estimating team and estimating manager.
- Develops relationships with suppliers/vendors by creating strategic alliances to ensure competitiveness.
- Analyze and scope vendors/suppliers to determine best value and proactively work towards best pricing.
- Prepare detailed estimate costs for all self-perform work activities: hours, labor, material, subcontractors and equipment costs from a crew-based perspective.
- Formulate all project indirect costs: staffing, project schedules, on-site facilities, support costs with schedule development.
- Research construction history for techniques related to project elements and productivity, value enhancing, value engineering, and alternative constructability.
- Follows up with clients to ensure bid receipt and to identify potential obstacles and facilitates negotiations for submitted bid proposals.
- Ensures bids proposals are completed in a timely fashion to allow for team review prior to submission.